Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hot Fruit

I started my still life project by grabbing some fruit from home, then I had to plan my composition. I started with this by drawing a few thumbnail sketches. These are small drawing about half the size of your hand that help you decide what way you want to create your still life. I decided I wanted to scatter my fruit about a table but have them overlap for the final product. I picked the point that you view the picture from with a viewfinder. You just look through it at your fruit from different angles to decide on what to chose to draw. I made my objects three dimensional by drawing curves and by making the lighting on the fruit light and dark where it would be light and dark in real life.I made a light source by using a white pastel and made the top left lighter. This led to the right side being darker and the shadows going the opposite way as the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment